Yard and Estate Sales
Some homeowner associations sponsor periodic yard or estate sales to provide homeowners with an opportunity to sell unwanted items. Our affiliate, PacificRealtors.net assists homeowners who want to hold such sales. Upon request, they will provide associations with up to five highly visible directional signs that can be placed in strategic locations on the morning of the sale. They are designed to attract attention and maximize traffic to the sale location.
If your HOA is located anywhere in Los Angeles County or Ventura County and you would like up to five-yard sale directional signs, please call our office. We will arrange to make the signs available to you the day before or on the morning of the sale.
Garage and Estate Sales - Checklist and Timeline
One month before the sale
• Decide on a date. Saturday morning is always the time when the maximum number of people are available. Avoid holiday weekends.
• Check to see if your city has any restrictions you must follow.
Two weeks before the sale
• Decide what you want to sell and establish prices. Obtain price tags and labels. Create an inventory list with prices.
• Arrange to have any display tables, bookshelves, clothing racks, hangers, boxes, etc. available for the day of the sale.
• Prepare any display signs you will need.
• Contact Pacific-Realtors. net to reserve your free directional signs. They can be picked up the afternoon before the sale and returned after the sale.
• Enlist any help you may need.
One week before the sale
• Start advertising using Nextdoor.com, Craigslist, social media, and by distributing flyers. Be certain to include the date, time, and location.
• Make sure you have low denomination currency so charge can be provided.
• Make sure you have bags for small items.
• Make certain everything is clean and make any small repairs you can make.
Morning of the sale
• Pick up the directional signs and place them. Ask for permission to place them on private property.
• Group items where possible such as books and clothing.
• Place the largest items near the street and the small items in the back.
• Make certain that all items have price tags.
• Arrange all sale items on the driveway or designated area.
After the sale
• Return the directional signs to Pacific-Realtors.net.
• Arrange to donate unsold items to your favorite charity.
Coast Management of California